cheddar bay biscuits

5:59 PM

Hi there :)

So today, I decided to cook dinner and I was determined to make clam chowder and biscuits! I don't care that it's best for the winter months, good soup is good anytime of the year! Especially on hot, spring days ;) And I love pairing cheesy-garlic biscuits with clam chowder. I'm not sure why, but I do :P





These biscuits, let me tell ya, are delicious. They are light and fluffy inside and a little crispy on the outside. They have the perfect amount of cheese and garlic. So buttery and full of flavor! They are perfect. I'm not exactly sure if they're exactly like the biscuits at Red Lobster because I haven't had their biscuits in several months. But who cares, they're delicious and close enough!

I found this recipe last summer, but unfortunately I don't remember where, so just letting ya know that I'm not the maker of these scrumptious little things. I did tweak the recipe, adding more spices to the dough, which gives the biscuits more flavor, in my opinion. I've made these a few times and they never give me any trouble. Very quick and easy!!

I would recommend doubling the recipe, because they go fast!! The recipe here yields 12 good-sized biscuits, but it's never a problem to make more ;)

Enjoy!




Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Yield: 1 dozen

Dough:
  • 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
  • 4 tbsp cold butter
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes 
  • 1/4 tsp dried onion flakes
Butter Glaze:
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease cookie sheet, set aside
  • In medium bowl, combine Bisquick with cold butter using a pastry cutter or two forks, until buter is about the size of peas
  • Add cheddar cheese, milk and garlic powder and mix until everything is incorporated and combined evenly
  • Drop 1/4 cup portions of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown*
  • For the butter glaze, in a small bowl, melt the butter and mix it with the garlic and parsley
  • Use a brush to spread the butter mixture over the tops of all the biscuits right when they come out of the oven
*Note--using an ice cream scoop would be perfect here, that way they'll all turn out the same size

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images