blueberry streusel muffins

12:06 AM

Hi there! First of all, I gotta let you know that you are about to see the most amazing looking muffins you've ever probably laid eyes on (no joke). And second of all, those amazing looking muffins you are about to see are delicious. Nuff said. 


Anyway, today my boyfriend and I picked some fresh blueberries in my aunt's garden (she literally has the best blueberries, and the best raspberries! so lucky to have her so close by). I've made two berry pies in the last week, so I wanted something new. Blueberry muffins just seemed like the perfect treat :) And they were. I've made these muffins a few times before and each time they turn out perfect! They are so light and moist, fluffy and sweet. They aren't your typical store-bought muffin--they're better. Obviously. 

I found the recipe here, and I am so thankful I did! I will no longer have to search for the perfect blueberry muffins ;) Anywho, I took an overload of photos, sorry about that, but they are just so pretty and perfect that I couldn't stop at one or two! Oh and as I was taking pictures, my doggy Fedya snuck up and started licking one of the muffins (bad boy). I ended up giving him half of it and then taking silly pictures with the other half ;) By the way, my dog LOVED them. And he is a picky eater, so that says a lot :) 

I beg you all to give them a try! They are so easy to make and so so so good. If you do make them, comment below and let me know what you think :) Enjoy!









Blueberry Streusel Muffins

Yield: 1 dozen


Ingredients


Muffins:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  •  2 large eggs
  •  2 tsp vanilla extract
  •  ½ cup milk
  • 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Streusel Topping:
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil


Directions


  •  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil, or line with paper liners
  • In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
  • In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  • Add eggs, vanilla and milk, add flour mixture and stir until just combined
  • Lightly cover the blueberries in flour, and stir into mixture
  •  For the streusel topping, whisk together sugar and flour, add oil and mix together until you have a sandy texture
  • Divide the muffin batter evenly into 12 muffin cups, sprinkle with streusel topping
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean
  • Cool for a few min in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't think I've ever seen such juicy blueberries. Lucky! Your muffins turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes they were right out of the garden, so no sitting around in grocery stores :P

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images