fudgy pecan tartlets

5:36 PM


Hi everyone! How's everyone's resolutions going?? Mine is going awesome! I've been sugar-free for 7 days now and that's pretty amazing (since i've never gone more than 1 day without eating anything sweet)

My resolution is going so well, in fact, that I didn't even eat a left-over, yummy fudgy pecan tartlet. I made these little beauties on New Year's Eve for a little party and they were loved by everyone! I ate a couple too (I actually ate a ton of sweets that day, since I knew I wouldn't be able to eat any for an entire month, lol.) I had a few left-overs that I brought home for my family. When I woke up the next day, I was about to grab one for breakfast, but I remembered my sugar-free goal and didn't (my will-power was amazing, I tell ya!) 


I've been making these little desserts for a few years now. I found them in a Taste of Home cookbook. These are fairly easy to make, but take a little longer than your average cookie. You need to make a mini tart shell, which is easy, but takes patience. The tart shell is very flaky and buttery, it's very nice. The chocolate fudge filling is very easy to make and it's very delicious! It is slightly gooey inside, especially if you eat these right after they've cooled down a bit. The pecan adds a nice touch (and makes these look even cuter!)


Click below to see the recipe:)

I hope you all give these a try! They are super tasty and very presentable, so they'd be perfect for a special dinner or event. Thank you for reading, and enjoy!: )


Fudgy Pecan Tartlets 
Ingredients

Tart shells:
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • 3 tbsp cream cheese, softened
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
 Filling:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp butter, melted
  • 1 ½ tsp milk
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
  • 12 pecan halves
Directions
  • In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light
  • Gradually add flour, beating until blended
  • Roll into 1 inch balls, press onto the bottom and up the sides of mini-muffin cups, coated with cooking spray
  • In other bowl, combine egg yolk, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla, gradually stir in melted chocolate
  • Fill the tart shells 3/4s full, top each with a pecan half
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 min, or until lightly browned and filling is set
  • Cool for 10 min before removing to a wire rack

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images