cranberry duff

9:36 PM

Hello world! I'm just taking a quick (ok, not so quick) break from my studying (which I have been doing all day...on a saturday...) to bring you a delicious recipe that just can't wait till after my exams! Even though I have so many better things to do (like study), this dessert is my top priority. And because I have so many things to do, I'm going to keep this blog post short. So no essay from me today (YAY!) lol. However, I will post a ton of photos, because, well, why not?

Now that it's officially cranberry season, I have to take advantage of all the yumminess and make fresh cranberry treats! I bought a bag a few days ago, not knowing exactly what I was going to make. I looked for recipes, trying to find something that looks good and is unique. I was thinking of making scones, bread or a breakfast bake. But then I found this recipe from Martha Stewart and new I had to give it a try! All of the comments were positive (which is super important) and helpful. Many reviewers noted a few changes and so I followed their advice and the Cranberry Duff recipe turned out perfect! The cake is soft and buttery, with a crispy buttery crust. It is then topped with sugary tart cranberries and toasted pecans. Doesn't that sound amazing?! It sounds amazing and most importantly it is amazing. 


My husband and I skipped dinner to eat this dessert. I know, that's not exactly healthy. But whatever. We ate healthy all week, so we can treat ourselves on Saturday ;) As i've mentioned before, it's really lovely and heartwarming when someone else likes the things you bake or cook! Today it was my husband, who really enjoyed the Cranberry Duff. These were his exact words: "Mmm this is really good. I love the buttery crust! Mmmm I want more!" And though only two people have tasted the dessert (hubby and I), you can be assured that this cake is awesome and is worth making! I am definitely going to make this for family dinners and holidays in the upcoming months and years.


I hope you all give this yummy dessert a try this fall season. It would be perfect for Thanksgiving, even Christmas. But if you're like me, who can't wait that long to eat wonderful foods, make it on a random weekend when you have an hour of spare time :)

P.S. We finished the entire cake before the evening was over. That's crazy embarrassing, but oh well. The cranberry duff is just that good. Click "read more" for the recipe! :)




Cranberry Duff
Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp + 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 1/3 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
  • 1/3 cup + ¾ cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ tsp salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Butter bottom and sides of an 8x8-inch baking dish using 1 Tbsp butter. Place a piece of parchment on the bottom and sides of the dish and cover with remaining 2 Tbsp butter.
  • Spread cranberries evenly over bottom of dish and sprinkle pecans on top. Then evenly sprinkle over 1/3 cup sugar. Set aside.
  • Melt the remaining 12 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; set aside.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, mix eggs and ¾ cup sugar until pale and thick. Add vanilla and mix. Reduce speed to medium low and gradually beat in flour and salt. Pour in melted butter in a slow, steady stream, and beat until smooth (do not overbeat).
  • Slowly pour batter onto pan to cover cranberries. Bake until golden bread and a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
  • Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge to loosen and invert onto a serving platter. Peal off parchment paper.
  • Serve warm or at room temperature.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images