rhubarb crumble (and i'm back!)

10:59 PM

Hi guys! Wow it's been a while since i've last blogged! Like 5 months….. oops. Lots has changed in these last few months. First off, and most importantly, I'm no longer unmarried. Yes. It's true. I'm MARRIED!!!!!! That's the main reason I've been away from this blog. Lots and lots of things to do before the big day. No time for baking or cooking or blogging. Second, I've finished my 3rd year of school. Only 2 more quarters to go! That's really exciting! So I've been busy. But now it's august, i'm no longer in school (summer break) and i'm no longer planning a wedding. So i can resume blogging. Yay!

Since I've been married (a little over a month), I haven't done too much cooking. There are always parties to go to, family dinners to be part of. And everything I have been cooking has A) already been blogged about, or B) not blog-worthy. I have however made a few things in the last month that will definitely be going up on the blog! And the first is this delicious and simple 5-ingredient rhubarb crumble. 


I found this recipe a few months ago when I was looking for recipes for my university's Community Kitchen (where I volunteered at for a year). Our kitchen's theme for that month was simplicity. And let me tell ya, this recipe is simple. I'm always a little wary about super simplistic recipes. I just feel like recipes with more steps and more ingredients will taste better. However, this simple, 5-ingredient dessert proved to be so incredibly delicious, that over 30 people thought it was fantastic. 

Because my aunt's garden grew so much rhubarb this summer, I was able to make this crumble 3 times. Haha, yes 3 times, and we didn't get tired of it. I did also make a pie, but the crumble was much better ;) I love it because it's very easy to make and it's delicious. The rhubarb is tart and refreshing and the crumble is sweet and buttery. It is perfect together! I really really really really recommend making this. Especially when rhubarb is in season. Like right now. 


Click "read more" to see the recipe as well as more pictures :)



P.S. I have recently moved to a new place, so I haven't figured out where to take photos. My lighting is only good in the guest bedroom and I don't have a table to take fancy pictures. That's why it's a little awkward right now, on the bed and all. I'll try to figure out a better picture taking station soon ;)

Look at that huge crumble! This was scaled up for a lot of people at the Community Kitchen. (And Olivia, you look great!) 

I hope everyone tries this recipe! You don't have to be an amazing baker to make this. You just need a few ingredients and about 15 minutes and you'll end up with a fantastic summer dessert :)

Rhubarb Crumble
Ingredients
  • 1 pound fresh rhubarb
  • ¾ cup sugar, devided
  • ¼ cup and 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
  • ¾ cup flour
  • 1 Tablespoon or raw or brown sugar for topping
Directions
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Cut rhubarb into chunks, place it in a 9”x9” or 8”x8” oven-safe dish and cover with ¼ cup sugar
  •  In a separate bowl, cut butter into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbles and then add the remaining ½ cup sugar
  • Sprinkle the flour/butter/sugar mixture on top of the rhubarb
  • Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until top is nice and golden
  • Remove from oven and let cool. Top with raw or brown sugar just before serving  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images