christmas spritz cookies

3:14 PM

So today I decided to make cookies (YAY!) I wanted to make something simple, and I had seen these around the internet lately, so I decided to make Spritz cookies! I guess they are called spritz cookies because they are squeezed through a cookie press. So they're spritzed (?)! They were really easy to make. I used one bowl and there were only a few ingredients (which is awesome). The only thing I didn't have and had to buy was the cookie press. It was really simple to use, but it took me a little while to get used to it. Several times the dough would stick to it and not make the cookie, but that was alright because i would scrape off the dough and put it back into the cookie press. SO EASY!




I got my recipe from Joy of Baking*. I love all her recipes, and she seems like a lady I can trust! So no faulty recipes. And let me tell ya, these were not faulty at all. They were perfect! And I hardly ever say anything I bake is perfect ;) They were light, buttery and a little crispy. MMMMMMM :) I kept eating the cookie dough (I know, I know, I'm just ready to get salmonella poisoning...) But the cookie dough was so good! And the baked cookies were even better! I ate about five or six right when they cooled down. And my brother ate several too. So that's why there aren't many cookies on the cookie plate! :(

Speaking of my brother...He is the pickiest eater I have ever met. And I live with him *sigh*. He never eats anything my mom cooks and he NEVER eats the things I bake. But for some reason, he decided to try these cookies and then asked for more! Yes he did tell me to put frosting on them, but nonetheless, he liked them. And let me tell ya, if he likes something, that means it's good! HAHA! Getting approval from my brother means that you have succeeded ;)

*Note: The owner of Joy of Baking changed her recipe on this site. The one I have posted here is her old one. 














Spritz Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • optional garnish (sprinkles, nuts, sugars, candied cherries)

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
  • Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated
  • Gradually add flour and salt and mix until incorporated (do not over-mix!!)
  • Follow the directions on your cookie press and add the dough and press down onto the ungreased cookie sheet and press the cookies about 1 inch apart
  • If desired, garnish the cookies
  • Bake cookies for about 6 - 9 minutes or just until the edges of the cookies are barely brown
  • Remove cookies to wire rack and cool


Makes about 4 dozen.

Well I hope you guys give this recipe a try! I promise you won't be disappointed! They're just so dainty and darling! :) I didn't have any sprinkles on hand so that's why I didn't use them, but I'm sure sprinkles or coarse sugar would make these little beauties even more wonderful! If you don't have a cookie press that's alright--you can use a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe them onto the cookie sheet.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh my, I had no idea you have a blog, LOVE it!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I just made it last week! :-) still trying to figure everything out lol. Thank you!!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images