simple doggy treats

8:51 PM

Yes I made my pup some cookies. I just love baking soooo much that I decided to share my love and give my doggy a treat!:-) Am I crazy?!

These were very simple to make, only a few ingredients--whole wheat flour, oats, peanut butter and water. That's it! So simple. I found the recipe here I only made half the recipe, since i don't want my dog to get fat ;P He seemed to really enjoy them.


Funny story, my dad ate one, thinking they were human cookies. LOL. I left the house and they were nicely placed on a plate in the kitchen, looking oh so cute. So he ate one, and that's it. He asked me if I forgot to put in sugar or if I left them in the oven too long (since they're pretty hard and crunchy). Lol no dad, they're for Fedya! (thats my dog's name.. it's a russian guy's name, but we decided to name my doggy that!)

These would make an awesome Christmas present for your dog :) Here are a couple pictures of the dog treats. I'll try to take some pictures of Fedya eating them, and I'll post them later ;P


Peanut Butter Oat Dog Treats

Ingredients:
-2 cups whole wheat flour (i used whole wheat pastry flour)
-1 cup rolled oats
-1/3 cup of peanut butter, chunky or smooth (i used smooth and i also used more)
-1 1/4 cup hot water
-additional flour for rolling

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2) Mix the dry ingredients together
3) Mix in peanut butter and water
4) Knead the dough well
5) Roll the dough into 1/4" thickness and cut into shapes
6) Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
7) Cool completely on a wire rack.

My puppy really enjoyed these! Hope yours do too :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images